The Project - a series of portraits

In late 2020, I arranged with current Dean Jeaneth Harris Faller and the faculty of the Divinity School of Silliman University to paint portraits of the 14 men and women who served as Dean, from 1921, when the school was instituted, to the present, 2021. 

Read more about the Divinity School at its official homepage.
 
About my connection to the D.S. -- as the school has been fondly known as far back as I can remember -- I'm the daughter of its second-longest serving dean, T. Valentino S. Sitoy Jr. PhD. I grew up in a house less than 500 meters from its premises, and in my teens lived even closer, in a faculty home right next door to it. No school day went by that I didn't pass by the Divinity School, if not stop by my father's office or sit at the Chapel of the Evangel where the family car would be parked. It's an integral part of my own story as a Sillimanian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rev. Irving Channon, SU Divinity School dean from 1921-1931

Paul T. Lauby, Th. D, dean from 1961-1965

Preliminary drawings - my tools