Elmer K. Higdon, D.D, 1959-1961

I never knew of Dean Higdon until I started this project. He served only a couple of years; growing up I never heard his name mentioned. In the reference photograph he looks to be in his late 60s, his hair mostly white, his eyes half-concealed by the shadows cast by his horn-rimmed glasses. I decided to work on Dean Higdon next, simply because of the familiarity of his features. Living in Denmark, I encounter people who look like him on a daily basis. Yet I would not be encumbered by the baggage of memory and personal experience, of debating whether it was a fine stroke here or a soft shadow there that had completely changed the nature of the man. As I was searching the web for reference photos, indeed any information at all, I found his obituary. He had just finished his term when he passed away.   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rev. Irving Channon, SU Divinity School dean from 1921-1931

Paul T. Lauby, Th. D, dean from 1961-1965

Preliminary drawings - my tools